In the G Suite setup process, you are required to prove to Google that you are the owner of your domain. You will receive your G Suite login information in the "Your G Suite Account" confirmation email sent from Gen.xyz. Once you click the link and log into G Suite, the G Suite Dashboard will prompt you to start the setup process. As you complete the setup steps, make sure to tick the checkbox on your G Suite setup page to reveal the setup details.
G Suite will start the process by asking you to prove ownership of your domain by giving you a unique record to add to your advanced DNS settings. We recommend that you also add Google's MX records at the same time as adding your verification record, to save time!
Google will provide you with a unique record (called a TXT record) to use in the verification process.
To add this record, and to add Google's MX records, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account at Gen.xyz
- In the My Domains area click "Manage" next to the domain associated with your G Suite account
- Scroll down to the Nameservers area, select "Use Default Nameservers", then click "Manage DNS"
- Add the TXT record specified by Google by selecting from the drop-down menu then click "Save Changes"
- (optional) add Google's MX records as well
The records can take several hours to update, so you might not immediately show a successful setup in Gmail. If you run into any errors saving your DNS changes, or see a setup validation in progress message in the G Suite Admin console for more than a few hours, make sure you entered the records correctly.
If you still need help, feel free to reach out to our Support Team.