XYZ and Ethereum have partnered to allow you to pair your .xyz domain with your Ethereum wallet via the main ENS network.
This means your .xyz domain can harness the power of the DNS to function as an easily memorable custom identifier for your Ethereum wallet, allowing you to manage your assets while retaining security and anonymity.
It’s easy to get paid at your .xyz, here’s how to set it up!
EasyDNS is the first registrar to embrace this process and make it easier to use, and we expect other registrars to follow them and join as well.
Step 2: After checking out, go to your EasyDNS User Info and turn on “Beta Access”
Step 3: Use EasyDNS’s one-click setup to connect your existing Ethereum wallet with your .xyz domain!
- Select “Integrations”
- Select “Ethereum Name Service”
- Paste in your Ethereum wallet public address, enable DNSSEC Inline Signing, and click “Start ENS Integration”
That’s it! You will be notified by email when the integration is done, it’s that simple. Once your domain is connected to your wallet, you can be paid at any participating wallet provider, like MyEtherWallet.com, or MetaMask.
- A full list of ENS-enabled wallets can be found over at the website for Ethereum Name Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is a decentralized blockchain application platform whose shared global infrastructure can move value around and represent ownership of property. Think of it like a global computer, but one which uses a decentralized system of “nodes” to store information rather than servers and clouds like the internet does.
One common way Ethereum is currently used is as a cryptocurrency. In fact, it is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies available on the market.
What’s the benefit of pairing my .xyz domain with my Ethereum wallet?
There are a few benefits, including:
- You can now use your .xyz domain as an identifier for your wallet. So, for example, you could use your domain OurXYZwallet.xyz to reference your wallet instead of a standard wallet address like 0xf7004095d2d81fe3b5937241c106aace6d6e8e4a.
- Your wallet can take advantage of the power of the DNS when paired to your .xyz domain.
- Your .xyz domain has increased security options like DNSSEC, WHOIS privacy protection, and registrar/registry lock, adding even more security on top of your precious assets.
Where can I create an Ethereum wallet?
Ethereum lists a selection of ENS-enabled wallets you can use to link your wallet to your .xyz domain. Two of the most popular are MyEtherWallet and Metamask, and both will work when pairing your wallet with your domain.