Blog

Romoni.xyzGoDaddy customer (Bangladesh)

Busy parents and professionals know how tough it can be to find time for beauty and self-care. Between booking multiple appointments, driving to the salon, and finding parking, a simple manicure and facial could eat up hours out of their day. One female CEO and co-founder is solving this problem for Bangladesh residents in this week’s #WebsiteWednesday with Romoni.xyz.

Romoni.xyz homepage

Romoni.xyz is an online platform that allows customers to search, compare, book and review at-home beauty services in Bangladesh. Without the overhead cost from a traditional salon or spa, beauty and wellness artists are able to enjoy higher wages, and customers can conveniently get their beauty services at home. Romoni.xyz ensures that all of their artists are skilled and experienced through their partner application process and continuous training workshops.

Armin Zaman Khan came up with the idea for Romoni.xyz in 2015 when she was working as a government consultant and recognized the disparity between a beauty and wellness artist and salon owner. According to her research, the beauty industry is the second-largest source of employment for women in Bangladesh, yet the artist will receive only about 30% of the revenue, while the salon owner keeps the remaining 70%. Armin saw an opportunity to fill this gap using technology, initially starting the direct-to-consumer beauty services platform through a Facebook page called Book My Look.

Together with her mobile app-skilled co-founders, Tarique Ibn Haider and Abidur Rahman Mallik, Amin upgraded the page into a full-fledged website and app in 2017. There are two sides to the app: Romoni Customer and Romoni Partner. Customers can book services through Romoni Customer, while professionals track their appointments and manage their online profile through the Romoni Partner. Women professionals who provide beauty services on Romoni.xyz can earn as much as three times as much as they normally would. To date, they have on-boarded over 200 women professionals, making it the biggest beauty and wellness destination in Bangladesh.

To book a service on Romoni.xyz, head to their home page or download the Android app on Google Play. From there you can choose from salon services (manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing), spa services (massages and scrubs), and hair and makeup. For brides and bridal parties, there are even special wedding hair and makeup packages, as well as mehendi (designs made from the henna plant). You can book services from almost anywhere in Bangladesh, and Dhaka and Chittagong residents may expect an artist to arrive at their home in as little as two hours.

If you’re in Bangladesh, head to Romoni.xyz or download the Android app to book your appointment. You can also learn more about Amin’s journey to creating Romoni.xyz on their YouTube channel and connect with them on LinkedIn.

« Mailchain.xyz: You could get a boost in email security using this week’s #WebsiteWednesday
» Music festival photographer & videographer shares his number one tip for breaking into the photography business, and how his site wearehypothetical.xyz helped him along the way